Thursday, September 13, 2007

Working with Lauren...

Sometimes, you just have one of those days or weeks when you can't quite get to everything. The last 2 weeks was just that. I just got over this cold/flu thing, that has been passed around my house, starting with Ava and me taking care of her, then Ben gets it...and well, you know what it is like to take care of a sick b-friend/husband, and then lastly I get it. No fun. I've been groggily (is that a word?) working on retouching and correcting photos while on the likes of Sudafed and Nyquil and anything else I could get my hands on.

So, this most amazingly patient bride (Lauren) has been waiting for her photos, and there are others behind her that are waiting as well. (Sorry guys, I am getting there, I promise!) Since, it was Lauren's batch I just got through I decided I would share some of the favorites.

This photo showcases 3 wedding dresses. To you, it might just look like a normal photo. To me, it represents 3 generations of Lauren's family, and the women who walked before her. Rarely do you ever get to see something like this, and such beautiful and classic dresses.Next you will see Lauren, who has this infectious smile! She is just so full of laughter and you can tell she has a lot of love and joy in her life. If you are wondering who did her incredible makeup, look no further than the wonderful Naomi Martinez. Ladies, I never got lashes and I never got airbrushed makeup, and after seeing Naomi's work I wish I could get married all over again!And now we get to peek at the bride and groom. Scott just has this calming and soothing presence about him, you can almost see it in this photo. He is just casually helping with her dress, but looking ahead as if he has no worries in the world. He is ready for the party to get started! I just love these two! I also had the amazing Rick Scanlan helping me out at this wedding, so I have to give him credit for his wonderful work as well. To see more from this wedding, go to: www.afterglowphotos.com/slideshows/052607. I'll have some more photos to talk about soon, now that I am healthy again! :) Until then...

No comments: